- verbally responds a lot of the time now. He even responds to tv shows like when he watches Mickey Mouse and Mickey asks "would you like to come inside my playhouse?" and Blake will say "neh"... which I guess means yeah?
- got to meet his cousin Vernon, Grandpa Gessner, and Great Granny when we took his first flight up to Virginia. (More on that in another post.)
- started saying "uh-oh" but it sounds more like "uh-uh" but now after visiting with his cousin Tristan he can say uh-oh for real. He will also say "oh-no" which is super cute. Hearing Tristan talking so much while we were up visiting really helped him with his talking.
- got his first haircut and he did really well. About halfway through he reached a little hand up from under the cape and gave me the "all done" signal. I explained to him that he had to get a little more cut and he only got really fussy as she was finishing the last bit of the trimming of the back of his hair. The lady who cut it did a great job and kept it nice and quick which was really helpful.
- can drink from a sippy cup but hates it. He still loves his bottle, which is basically like his pacifier, and when I try and give him his milk in a sippy cup he pouts and either bats it out of my hand or grabs it and throws it down on the floor.
- wants to bang on EVERYTHING. He bangs with his hands, he bangs with anything he can get his hands on. Lots of loud noises make him feel so empowered. Then once he's done with it, he throws it on the floor. Lots of banging and throwing.
- started talking with a lower and louder voice. It's like he wants us to pay more attention to what he's saying (which is still gibberish for the most part).
- tosses his toys out of the bathtub one by one and says "bye-bye" to each one. He's started naming the items before he tosses them overboard. One day he grabbed a little water bug toy and said "buh" then tossed it, "buh-buh". Then grabbed the net to catch the bugs with and said "neh", tossed it, "buh-buh".
- will watch an entire episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse if we let him. He's attention span is increasing and he sometimes gets angry when I turn off the tv so he doesn't become a couch potato. He gets to watch a little tv in the mornings when I'm getting my breakfast and doing some cleaning, and again in the evening when I make tv if Chris isn't home yet.
- has acquired the nickname "Rhino" since he always seems to either fall or charge into us head first. He is such a snuggler but he doesn't know his own strength and hurts us... and even himself sometimes.
- finally cut another tooth while we were up in VA! Poor boy was pretty miserable a couple days beforehand. Not only were we in a new place with lots of new people and sleeping in a new bed, but his teeth decided to wait until we were there to finally make their final push. His big top tooth on the left cut all the way through as soon as we got home. I noticed it first thing on Tuesday morning. The right one is super close and I can feel one corner of it, so it should be in soon. It looks like the two on either side of them will be the next to come in.
15.5 Month Pics:
Just talking on the phone and watching some tv with Daddy.
I went out again on May 27th to see the planets. I tried to go out earlier so I could get some shots with more light but ended up having to wait like 20 minutes for it to get dark enough. So here are some sunset shots of the palm trees in the neighborhood. (The mosquitoes were glad I was out early...)
And finally dark enough to see the planets.
We finally got more family pictures framed and put up on the wall. =)
Look Mom, I made the caterpillar stand on his throat.
He loves the swings. They're so relaxing.
All ready for the haircut to begin.
Lots of hair ready to be chopped.
So little on the big chair.
Afterwards there was a little fussing. But it looks so much better! No more mullet!
He didn't want to hold still for the back shot.
And look at that cute little (big) head. <3
Trying kale chips. He really liked them but they made a huge mess. They pretty much turned into kale powder in his hands and mouth.
Working on his racing skills.
Going down the slide by myself like a big boy.
Rock and rock and rock!
A stick for each hand... don't mind if I do.
We went over to a friend's house for a playdate and Blake got to try sidewalk chalk.
And painting.
And a water table.
Getting geared up for our flight to Virginia.
I've been on a bit of a food kick lately so here are some of the new foods I've made. First up is french bread which was really good even though I'm not much of a bread person.
Next up, Kale Chips. These don't last long around here. My first batch was way too salty since they shrunk down to 33% of their original size so the seasoning was 3 times too strong I'd say. The next couple times were much better.
Last up some homemade guac which, again, had a little too much salt. But other than that it was really good!
No comments:
Post a Comment