Then we did the cake smash for Blake's birthday. I baked him a cake that was made with all the ingredients that he'd be able to eat and then he pretty much ended up not wanting to eat it at all. I had to feed him a couple pieces to make it worth it. At least I was able to eat the other little cake over the course of a week. I'm sure in a few years the whole concept of a cake smash will seem totally silly, but we had to participate in the silliness for the chance that it would be amusing. Blake's cousin Tristan really got the hang of it, but Blake... not so much. He basically just wanted to pinch at the frosting and drop it on the floor. Check out the video below. It's over 7 minutes worth of him just poking at it and me trying to feed it to him and at the end I smash his hand in it, hoping he'll start eating it. Maybe he's like his Mommy and isn't much of a cake person. Either way, Happy Birthday Blake!
12 Month Pics:
Big boy in the chair.
So squirmy.
Perhaps a toy will help distract me.
Daddy is the best clown.
Looking so grown up.
The tickle monster can make me smile.
Ok, enough of these pictures... I'm outta here.
Special birthday cake for the special birthday boy.
Singing "Happy Birthday" and Blake wasn't sure what was going on.
Mom what are you doing with my cake?
This is messy... what am I supposed to do with it?
Am I doing this right mom?
What is this sticky stuff? I think I'll try and throw it on the floor.
If Mom says its ok I guess I'll try it.
Airplane!
I had to help him smash it since he wasn't going to do it on his own.
Cake Smash Video:
No comments:
Post a Comment