Sunday, February 17, 2013

Blake - Week 51

This week, Blake:


  • has been a walking machine. It's amazing how fast he went from taking a couple steps with his full weight on his legs to walking from one room to another (one week!). I had a feeling once he got his confidence up that he'd be off and running. It is quite strange to have him sneak up behind me since I'm used to hearing the click click of the letters smacking the ground as he crawls up to me.
  • now that he's walking he is finally interested in using the walker... go figure. Not that it serves much of a purpose now. Oh well, at least he got (and will continue to get) a lot of use out of the activity part on the front. 
  • went to the zoo for the first time. We met Kara and Kalia there so they could show us around and lead us to their favorite spots. Blake finally got to see the real versions of all the animals that are in his books. I think it was a bit overwhelming since there was so much to see. Apparently the Lowry Park Zoo in Tampa is rated the top zoo in the US now. It really is a nice zoo, so I'm excited that we have an annual pass so we can go back a couple times a month. Since it was our first time, I didn't know how fast it would take Blake to get tired. I was hoping he'd nap on our way over there and he ended up falling asleep just as we pulled into the zoo parking lot so I had to wake him up after only a couple minutes. Needless to say, within a couple hours he was just exhausted so I figured he'd nap on the way home. Bahhhhh, wrong again. He ended up falling asleep 5 minutes from home but at least took a good nap once we were home. =) Once he gets shoes and gets better at walking I'm betting this activity will tire him out even more. 
  • cut his 2nd tooth. We knew it shouldn't be too far behind and while we were at the zoo Kara said she was pretty sure she saw that second tooth coming through. Sure enough once we got home and I cleaned my hands, I felt around and that second one was popping through.
  • started stacking his cups. It's not in the way their supposed to stack but he'll put a bigger one upside down and then a smaller on top but face it right side up. Then he'll stick some random toy or a burp cloth on top just to show us how clever he is, haha, silly boy.
  • went to Stride Rite to get his first pair of real walking shoes and it turned into a disaster. He had been pretty clingy in the morning and didn't appreciate the strange lady poking at his feet once we jammed his feet into some strange shoe things. Socks are difficult enough to keep on his feet, and he certainly wanted nothing to do with shoes. Needless to say, he wanted out of that store ASAP. We left with some shoes that have too much room in the toes and we're worried they aren't even wide enough so we'll probably have to return them and figure out another game plan. 

Week 51 Pics:


Good ol' teething biscuit.



His favorite toy lately, the spoon.



Maybe we'll just call it his wand.



Always has something in his mouth. He likes feeling his teeth lately.


Seriously Mom?


I'm trying to eat here.


Cah.


Running behind the walker.


Forget the walker, I can do this on my own.


Ok I'll use the walker a little more until I run it into something and get it stuck.


Such a new thing to see him walking away from me.


Checking out the giraffes and zebra at the zoo.


And the penguins.


I love this shot.


Such a happy boy now that he can walk.


<3



Videos:


Using the walker.



Playing with Daddy on the bed.


Walking.


More walking.


No comments:

Post a Comment