Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Week 36 - Update

Sorry to leave everyone hanging...

I went back to the doctor on Monday morning and found out that my 24 hour urine sample came back negative which is a good thing. The protein levels needed to be at least 300 to show signs of preeclampsia and my reading was in the 140s. As far as blood pressure goes, Chris went and got me a blood pressure cuff so I can take readings 4 times a day and make sure it doesn't go above 140/90 again. Throughout the weekend I was able to keep my feet up and rest and it didn't go back above that level. Chris even helped me make dinner so I could stay off my feet! I have noticed a big difference with my leg and feet swelling going down.

Since my blood pressure seems to be ok when I take it easy, the doc lifted my bed rest restriction, woohoo! However, if it goes back up I'll be forced to go back on bed rest. So far this week my readings have been around 130/80 which is in the normal range. Let's hope it stays this way for the remainder.

Thank you guys for all the calls and emails to check up on how things are going!

No comments:

Post a Comment