Sunday, February 12, 2012

Week 35

The contractions from last week seem to have settled down so that is a good thing. We weren't ready for Mr. Blake to make his appearance just yet. He needs to do more growing before being born. It seemed like all his movements were causing my contractions, but he hasn't slowed down much. His movements are more muffled now and there aren't as many jabs as there are stretches and big, slow movements. Sometimes it feels like he's just massaging the inside of my belly. Someone asked me what it feels like to be pregnant with an active baby, and it's hard to describe but it feels exactly like you'd expect at this point. Sometimes there is so much wiggling and stretching it looks like my belly is making waves. I've tried to catch it on camera but he gets camera shy when I bring it out. Maybe that'll be a good thing when he gets older and he'll want to stop moving and pose for pictures. =)

Apparently this baby has interrupted some of the organs in my torso and I got a call from the doctor that one of my urine samples tested positive for a UTI, so I was put on a 5 day prescription of pregnancy-safe broad-spectrum antibiotics. It seems to have lessened my lower abdomen pain as well as make me not have to visit the bathroom quite as often... antibiotics for the win. I also lost my mucus plug on Tuesday so that is just one more step closer to the arrival of Mr. Blake. The doc said it didn't mean there was a certain amount of time before delivery or anything, but just to keep an eye out for frequent contractions and spotting which could mean labor is close.

At home, we're really close to being ready to bring this baby home. We've finished washing all the clothes, sheets, and towels that will fit in his drawers at the moment. I've started packing hospital bags and I'm almost done with the exception of a few articles of clothing that might have to wait until the last minute since I wear them regularly. =) I have lots of snacks ready to go because I know I'll be hungry since I won't be allowed to eat anything until after delivery (in case a c-section is required for some unforeseen reason). I wonder if I'll stop craving chocolate and twizzlers as much once Blake isn't inside me anymore. I've never craved sweets as much as I have since I've been pregnant.

Here's the weekly belly pic... it doesn't really look much different than last week. According to the scale at the doctor I'm back at 27 lbs gained. 5 weeks to go!


Plus a couple bonus pics that I had Chris take to put on Facebook.



**We realized a couple of our friends/family haven't heard of Google Reader before, so here are instructions on how to set it up. If you have trouble keeping track of this blog link and you use Gmail, here is how to add this blog to your Google Reader: (This only works if you have a Gmail email account.)

1. Log into your gmail account like normal.
2. At the top of the screen you have all your Google options. Click "more" then "Reader" (It should be the second option from the top).


3. This opens another window. Then you'll click on the big red "Subscribe" button and type in the link address to the blog "http://theharveyfamilyjourney.blogspot.com/" and click "Add".


Once it is added to the list of blogs that you're subscribed to, you can always just open the Google Reader and it will let you know if there are any new posts to the blog.

2 comments:

  1. OMG it is getting so close! Your baby belly is so cute! I am super jealous you have only gained 27 lbs! Chris told me about the google reader, but it makes my all the blogs look funny!

    P.S. Is that deodorant on your t-shirt or a tag?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures - so so cute!!! You look really beautiful and you're just beaming! I bet you're so excited that it's almost here!! My sweets craving hasn't gone down as much as I'd hoped it would by now, haha, but I blame that on breastfeeding!

    So excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete