Saturday, February 6, 2021

December {2020} Cell Phone Pics

We finally got enough snow to go sledding!




My latest puzzle.


We didn't want to wait for Christmas to make a quick batch of sugar cookies. Why not use Halloween cookie cutters too? haha.



I love how the sprinkles sit down in the holes of the gingerbread man.



The boys and I drew Toothless the dragon from How to Train Your Dragon by following steps on a YouTube channel that teaches you. They did such a great job!


Our 2020 Christmas card


We've started playing a decent amount of chess in the house. Brett and I were playing checkers on this board one day and I realized how many moves ahead he was predicting so I asked him if he wanted to give chess a try and everyone got hooked. Luckily Chris has been studying up on it for a while and has been great for getting the boys motivated. Brett was interested at first, and knows enough to see good moves while other people are playing but a whole game takes a bit too much patience for him. Blake has really picked up a lot in a short time and has such an incredible mind, so I hope he'll stick with it. I feel really proud of myself if I play him and actually win.



A few nights before the official "great conjunction" we got out the telescope that the boys got for an early Christmas present and we looked at Jupiter and Saturn. It was incredible how fast they moved out of the frame once I got them in focus. Then we checked out the moon and it was so cool to see all the craters! I haven't figured out how to get a photo through the eyepiece of the telescope just yet though.


For one of Brett's school assignments he made he made paper snowflakes and created a winter scene with a blue blanket. It turned out really cute!


So cute to see them playing chess with each other.


I found a new face mask pattern that I really like, so I made some for the boys and they love it too, so now no one will wear any of the "last generation" masks as Blake calls them, haha. But at least we have some that the boys feel comfortable wearing at school all day every day.


The boys' gingerbread houses.


We went outside to see the "great conjunction" of Jupiter and Saturn on December 21 and I snapped a quick pic with my cell phone and ran back inside to get the big camera and the clouds had completely covered it up!


Photo booth with Mimi.




We drove around and looked at Christmas lights one night, and this house was probably the winner for the most lights. There was another one that had a huge set up with flashing lights set to music. There was quite a decent line of cars waiting to see that one, so I didn't get a picture (or video).


We used icing to decorate the cookies this year. Blake doesn't like icing so he was bummed, but the rest of us thoroughly enjoyed the new addition.



And this was Brett's final product.


And Blake's.


One of Blake's new toys was a hover target. So hard to get the balls down tho!


It is really nice to have this giant play room with our new carpet. It was especially nice to have all this space on Christmas morning.



Mimi was so patient to give all of us a haircut while she was here. I had a good 4 inches cut off and it has been so nice to have less weight!


Pictionary was a big hit over the break.


Photo booth with Chris this time.


The boys love make your own pizza night, so it has become a weekly tradition.


Family snow day on the last day of 2020!





No comments:

Post a Comment