We went out and flew kites one day because the wind was really strong and we needed a break from schoolwork. It started out cloudy and chilly, and ended up being a nice breezy sunny day.
This is the puzzle I worked on while I was "keeping Brett company" while he worked on his schoolwork. He doesn't like being independent and doing work on his own, although they make it so all the instructions are read to you and it is totally possible to do it all alone.
Bell peppers are finally turning something other than green.
The hibiscus that I grew from seed is finally about to bloom. I sure hope it blooms before the frost kills off the poor plant!
We had our living room carpet replaced so we wouldn't have to keep sheets all over the floor to keep all the carpet fibers from flying through the air constantly.
I removed the sheets right before the installers arrived.
And our new carpet! Sadly, it is was less cushiony than the old carpet was.
We moved the TV and the two straight sections of the couch into the formal living room in the front of the house. It makes for a really cozy tv watching area. The boys really like it, and I'm glad to be able to listen to music while I'm cooking in the kitchen.
Our trees in the backyard have a ton of these nuts growing in them, and the squirrels have been going crazy "harvesting" them and burying them under the ground for food.
Since the weather has been so much cooler lately, we've been going on weekend hikes which has been awesome! Chris and I are so glad to be getting some exercise and Brett just loves hiking. Blake is starting to come around, but he is working on improving his endurance at least.
We're still having a ton of cherry tomatoes being produced in the garden. I think the cooler weather will help slow things down though.
We decided to get a new vacuum to go along with the new carpet, to make sure that we didn't inadvertently damage the new carpet. We've ended up loving having a new Dyson! It is so much lighter than our standard old vacuum. It's also so much quieter, lighter, and it's amazing to not have to worry about a cord!
Talking about all the vacations we hope to take.
The other puzzle that I made while "helping" Brett with his schoolwork.
Some of the sunflower seeds we harvested. The whiter ones are from the large sunflowers, and the black ones are from the sunflowers that were smaller, but had tons of blooms.
Heart tomato.
I had to get rid of all the sunflower blooms and leaves because they were drawing in tons of bugs. This is what was left. I'll cut them down eventually.
My poor car had to be towed away because the alternator was failing and we didn't want the battery to go as well.
I was tasked with taking apart our Playstation3 and replacing the laser assembly. Luckily, after disassembling, ordering the new part, installing the new laser, and reassembling the system, it all works now!
Our biggest sunflower of the season was incredible. Bigger than my head!






























No comments:
Post a Comment